Catfish Jac

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lake Somerville @ Welch Park 9/21/2007

I got to Welch about 7:45 AM on Friday but the cats didn't start biting until about 8:30. I ended up with 5 keepers but nothing over 1.5 lbs. They were all caught with Danny King Blood punch bait. I had to leave them biting a little after 11:00 for some other errands I had to run.

The lake is looking really good. It's a little below normal pool and all of the underwater vegetation has finally rotted away since I didn't break a single line this time on hangups. For the last year I was used to losing 2-3 rigs a day with not much fish to show for it, sometimes nothing. The lake is definitely getting back to where it used to be. Now if we could just get a cold front it would be perfect!

Sorry about the lack of pictures this time. My camera was stolen a while back and my son's is never around when I need it.

JAC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home