Catfish Jac

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tripe, the Other White Meat!

Howdy Folks,

Saturday morning I'm going to Lake Somerville @ Welch Park for some early morning R&R punch bait action. I generally have good luck at that park with punch bait. I can park right on the beach and there's nothing out in the water to get hung up on, except catfish!

But this time I'll be using tripe meat on a couple of my rods as the bait holder. By that I mean I'll place a square of tripe on the treble hook to help support the punch bait. Tripe is essentially the meat that comes from a cow's stomach. If you've ever had menudo then you've had tripe! Tripe is cheap (99 cents a lb), tough and stinky ... which are the primary prerequisites for a great catfish bait. Plus, I've already sprinkled mine with garlic powder.

I'll post full details (and pictures) when I return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home